Wednesday, August 16, 2006

May 2006

May 2006

The month of may has been the most busy seeing me travelling to Belgium, Greece and Germany and although I was supposed to be in Dubai too I did not make it! I have this project that started early in the month for Iraqi art in London, there will an exhibition sometimes in the fall, if I can see the exhibits that (now August) have yet to see.
The Artist soiree at the Arts Club was a success and managed to get a table together of friends in support. I guess I had to rush to get changed as I only came back from Brussels a few hours before the start, monies raised were for the Arts Club Charitable Trust of which I am a trustee and a considerable amount was raised.
Had a lot of meetings for the Belgian clubs, societies and others and for the Red cross, for the first time the Belgian Ball was organised in May and could not make it as we went to Greece for the Eurovision. Richard and I had a great time and thanks to my contacts in Greece we rented an apartment in the centre very conveniently placed, both for the Olympic Stadium (where the concerts took place) and to the Euro village where all the fun was to be had. With full accreditations by the Greek Television, Richard as journalist and I as an interpreter, we have been backstage, in rehearsals and all the parties. I must say Anna Visi was really great and I very sorry that Kate Ryan did not go through, anyway we have a website for this period called www.eurovisionism.com and have a look to the many competitions we had if you are really interested, roll on Helsinki for
2007!






Had so many meeting with regard to various projects as I came back that the month seems to have vanished very quickly with the exception of a day too many in Frankfurt! See below my impression of IMEX.

No comments: