Thursday, August 17, 2006

July 2006

July 2006

After the Mas de Pierre where my parents joined us for a fantastic lunch we joined them in their house near Draguignan at Trans en Provence. With the exception of going to see my friends at the Bastide de Moustiers (www.bastide-moustiers.com) for an outstanding lunch and a site vite to an absolutely wonderful golf course at the Domaine de St Endreol, (www.st-endreol.com ) the month whiled away pretty fast. I am sorry that I didn’t manage to get to Juan Les Pins at the end for the Jazz Festival , I hear that BB King was outstanding.

I came back to London for the 16th July for the Cenotaph Ceremony. Belgium is the only country in the world who has this privilege and I am proud to be able to perpetuate this tradition dating from the friendship of Kings George V and Albert I. We will remember.

On the hottest day of the year, ever apparently, we held a reception at Marlborough House, house of the Commonwealth Secretariat that was preceded by a visit of the house and gardens.

Another trip to Wales to celebrate a 40th birthday and as I came back though this was just too hot to do anything but catching up on many project

No comments: