Newsletter June and July 2009 – Jean-Francois Dor
No picture in this newsletter just some dates to remember:
Monday 1st June, Dr Vince Cable will speak at the Rotary Club of London about the Economy today.
Tuesday 2nd June
- Maatjes arrive at the R. Anglo-Belgian Club (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation.,
- China Ethos is launched at Shanghai Blues
- City Golf Corporate Showcase
- London Launch has a showcase at
One Bishop Square
Wednesday 3rd Calvin Well with his unique voice will delight us in a concert at the Savile Club. Call the Club on 020 7629 5462 price of £40 per person includes meal
- day of the European Parliament Election
- Emmanuel Ray has one of his ‘Socialite Evening’ http://socialite-evenings.webs.com/eventsactivities.htm at the Millennium Mayfair
- I am setting off to
for a meeting that according to Tarot Cards will change my life, finger crossed everybody ;-) Paris
Friday 5th I will host Circa and Velvet in the garden of the Arts Club, please apply for your free invitation: http://www.circa-club.com/events/gay_mens_events_london_glpjune09.php Come for a free drink and get the chance of free entry to Shadow Lounge later and get into the silent auction with fabulous prizes to be won such as a 26 inches flat screen television!. Register also on http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=7211412827&ref=ts for the Gay Professional Network, if you are so likeminded.
Saturday the 6th is the Oxford Pride organised for the second year by Mazz Images http://www.oxfordpride.org.uk/
Sunday the 7th
Monday 8th Rotary Club for Lunch and the Aegon tennis Championship starts
Tuesday 9th , I intend to visit the Art and Antique Fair on before saying thank you to Jacques Delacave for his outstanding service on the board of the RABC.
Thursday 11th , I will attend the Wine Society’s AGM but seems that at the same time Movenpick is opening its Defina flagship so will have to share myself again.
Saturday 13th I will attend a concert celebrating Mendelssohn Bicentenary given by Santiago Mantas at the Rosslyn Hill Chapel in Hampstead. Tickets at the door start at 7:30 pm call 02077310010 for details
Wednesday 17th GBA meets at Andaz in
Thursday 18th I will turn 45 and will go for a week in
Perhaps time to take a break.
Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th is the Forum of Human Impact on Climate Change in Geneva. Chair: Kofi Annan, President, Global Humanitarian Forum; UN Secretary-General (1997-2006); Nobel Price Laureate
Event Dates http://www.ghf-ge.org/
Of note, between the 23rd June and the 19th July at
Friday 3rd ICE will host a dinner on the Terrace of the House of Lords
please look at http://houseoflords.eventbrite.com
Belgiumcelebrates the 75th anniversary of the Cenotaphe Ceremony in and Belgian people will receive notification nearer the time of the very important visit we may have. Whitehall celebrates its 800th anniversary and the Marketors will enjoy a day of festivities in the City dressed in Medieval costume. On the 17th will be a joint fundraising for HIV and the Arts at the Arts Club, likely price will be £ 15.00 minimum donations for drinks and canapés. London Bridge
Friday 17th will be a fundraising for HIV people and their friends who would like to socialise in an informal manner, please apply to me £ 20.00 per person to include wine and canapés. There will be a silent auction with fantastic prizes.
Tuesday 28th The Worshipful Company of Marketors will host a banquet at the Mansion House.
Thursday 30th Rhian Powell marries Alan Doyle so will be in
- I have been asked to deputised Imants von Wenden in his charge of Chairman of the Eccentric Club. http://www.eccentricclub.co.uk/
- The Arts Club Charitable Trust raised £ 12, 950 shared with the Artists donating and thank you on behalf of the Trust to all who attended purchased and donated these fantastic paintings and prints for the Artist’ Soirée.
- I have been reappointed on the Committee of the Gay Business Association
Enjoy the summer!
+ 44 7831 782 200